3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Perhaps the world wants extra banana pancakes. Sure, that’s simply what we’re lacking. Sure, that’s what I’m telling myself proper now. This thirteen-year-old (!) recipe web site already has a number of banana pancake recipes, every great in its personal manner, and right here I’m with one other.
My entire wheat banana pancakes are so good and fluffy. My banana oat pancakes are tender and flavorful with oatmeal-like interiors. This blender oatmeal pancake recipe yields an all-around nice pancake that’s much less banana-y than the others. I even have banana waffle recipes—entire wheat and oat-based—these are nice, too.
These are the banana pancakes I’m making most frequently for the time being. They’re the best pancakes by far, with solely three elements on the core: mashed banana, eggs and whole-grain flour (you’ve got a number of flour choices right here). I usually add cinnamon and hemp or flaxseeds, however even then, they require fewer elements than the remaining.
Nutritionally, these banana pancakes are about as wholesome as pancakes might be. They’re considerably decrease in carbohydrates than the opposite recipes, and barely greater in protein. That’s a win! They don’t style as very like a deal with as the opposite recipes, however they’re really very good.
These pancakes are straightforward to throw collectively within the morning whereas Grace toddles across the kitchen. She loves them and I be ok with them. So, these banana pancakes are undoubtedly baby-friendly and kid-friendly. These easy pancakes are for everybody!
3-Ingredient Banana Pancake Notes
I attempted two-ingredient banana pancakes a very long time in the past (banana and egg solely) and located nothing to love about them. Like, you’re higher off consuming scrambled eggs with a aspect of banana. Including a little bit flour makes all of the distinction with these pancakes.
Your flour choices for these pancakes embrace entire wheat flour, buckwheat flour or oat flour. They work equally effectively. Buckwheat flour has probably the most daring taste, whereas entire wheat is probably the most refined. Oat flour is hearty and affords a lightweight oatmeal-like taste. For gluten-free pancakes, select licensed gluten-free buckwheat or oat flour.
The eggs on this recipe are completely important. Flax eggs will not work on this recipe. Don’t try or you’ll find yourself with unhappy banana-flax mush.
Use overripe bananas for this recipe. Ideally, they’ve at the least just a few brown spots. Overripe bananas are sweeter and impart extra banana taste.
You’ll must dial down the warmth as you cook dinner these pancakes. Most pancakes include some sugar, which not solely makes the pancakes sweeter, but in addition helps stop them from burning as they cook dinner. Since these pancakes are solely naturally sweetened with bananas (no added sweetener, not even maple syrup), they’re particularly delicate to warmth. Should you discover that your pancakes are turning too golden on the surface earlier than the insides are cooked, the skillet has turn into too scorching.
Nutritious Combine-In Choices & Serving Options
These banana pancakes are excellent of their simplest type, containing solely banana, egg and flour. Should you’d like to spice up the flavour or diet, add any of the next:
- Floor cinnamon: I all the time add cinnamon as a result of I like the flavour.
- Hemp seeds and/or floor flaxseed: Each supply wholesome fats and fiber.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: You would stir a pair tablespoons into the batter. You’ll get even higher toasted taste for those who sprinkle a little bit coconut over the raw aspect of the pancake earlier than flipping.
- Pinch of salt: I don’t assume you’ll miss it, however a little bit little bit of salt ought to amp up the general taste.
For serving our daughter, I usually add a lightweight unfold of runny almond butter sprinkled with hemp seeds or a pat of butter. I like them that manner myself! For extra of a breakfast deal with, strive a diffusion of peanut or almond butter or Greek yogurt for protein, plus further sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Extra Banana Breakfast Treats to Strive
Please let me know the way your banana pancakes end up within the feedback! I like listening to from you.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Whole Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Methodology: Stovetop
- Delicacies: American
- Food regimen: Vegetarian
These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are wholesome and really easy to make. This recipe is household pleasant as effectively—infants, youngsters and adults alike love these pancakes. Yields 8 pancakes (every about 4 inches in diameter, sufficient for two to 4 servings).
- 2 medium-to-large ripe bananas
- 4 massive eggs
- ½ cup entire wheat flour or buckwheat flour or ⅔ cup oat flour
- Elective taste/diet boosters: ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon, as much as 2 tablespoons hemp seeds and/or floor flaxseed
- Butter, avocado oil or ghee, for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a big fork till it’s shiny and principally easy. Add the eggs and whisk till the eggs are evenly included into the banana.
- Add the flour and any non-compulsory boosters. Gently stir till mixed. Put aside whilst you preheat the skillet (the batter can relaxation for as much as 1 hour if want be).
- Warmth a big skillet (stainless-steel, forged iron or non-stick) over medium-low warmth (if utilizing an electrical griddle, warmth it to 350 levels Fahrenheit). You’re prepared to begin cooking pancakes as soon as a drop of water sizzles on contact with the new floor. If vital, flippantly oil the cooking floor with a pat of butter or oil, rigorously wiping up extra with a paper towel (nonstick surfaces probably received’t require any oil).
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the new skillet, leaving a few inches round every pancake for enlargement. Prepare dinner till small bubbles type on the floor of the pancakes, 2 to three minutes.
- Flip the pancakes, then cook dinner till flippantly golden on each side, 1 to 2 minutes extra. Repeat the method with the remaining batter, including extra butter and dialing down the warmth if the pancakes are turning darkish on the surface earlier than they’re cooked by means of on the within.
- Serve instantly or preserve heat in a 200 diploma Fahrenheit oven. Leftover pancakes might be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 days, or frozen for as much as 3 months. To reheat, stack leftover pancakes and wrap them in a paper towel earlier than gently reheating within the microwave.
Make it gluten free: Use licensed gluten-free oat flour or buckwheat flour.
▸ Vitamin Info
Did you make this recipe?